- What Is Personal Information?
Generally speaking, your personal information includes your unique identifiers (full name, phone number, driver’s license number, email address, etc.) and information about your characteristics, conditions or behavior that is associated within one of your identifiers or could reasonably be linked to you.
Non-personal information, on the other hand, has been de-identified, aggregated or anonymized so that it cannot reasonably be linked to an individual.
- Personal Information We Collect
3.1 Information You Provide.
We may collect the following categories of personal information from you directly when you visit or browse our website; sign up to receive emails from us; request a demo of our services; fill out a webform; or contact us with questions or comments:
- “Identifiers,” such as full name, phone number, address, and email address
- “Professional or Employment-Related Information,” such as the name of your employer or company
- “User Content,” such as content in your comments, posts or communications with us
If you decline to provide requested information, we may not be able to provide certain services or features.
3.2 Information Collected Automatically From Your Computer Or Device.
Like many internet services, our website may automatically collect data from your browser or device when you visit the site. In some instances, this data may be limited to non-personal information, but in other instances it may include the following categories of personal information:
- "Identifiers" such as IP address, device ID, cookies or cookie ID, pixel tag, and similar information
- “Device/Browser Information”, such as the name of your internet service provider (ISP), operating system, device type, browser type and configuration
- “Usage Information and Browsing History”, such as website interactions (including traffic data, access times, accessed pages, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website), browsing history (including the pages from which you were referred to our website)
- “Geolocation Data”, such as the approximate location of your device when you interact with our website
Some of this information is collected through the use of “Cookies,” which you can learn more about here, in Section 6.
- How We Use Personal Information.
Ushur uses those categories of personal information for the following purposes, subject to any legal conditions that may apply in your area:
- to make our website function correctly
- to secure parts of our website that are restricted to authorized clients or suppliers
- to respond to inquiries
- to analyze website usage and performance
- to prevent fraud and enforce our terms of service
- to communicate with you about special offers or other services you may be interested in
- to analyze performance of our marketing efforts
- to protect our legal rights, comply with our legal obligations, or comply with regulatory or legal demands for documents and information
We may use non-personal information for any purpose.
- How We Share Personal Information.
5.1 Vendors. Ushur may share your information with vendors that perform services on our behalf, such as hosting our proprietary platform and services. Where necessary and appropriate, our agreements with vendors prohibit them from retaining, using, disclosing or otherwise processing the personal information Ushur shares with them for any purpose other than providing services to Ushur.
5.2 Social Media, Analytics and Advertising Partners. We may share your personal information with analytics providers, advertising networks, or social media companies to measure performance of our website or marketing efforts or to deliver advertising. This sharing may involve the use of “Cookies,” some of which are placed by our partners, as explained in Section 6. For example, when you visit our website, our partner’s Cookie may cause your browser to automatically send a request to our partner’s server and provide our partner with your IP address, other Identifiers, and Usage Information & Browsing History. Where necessary and appropriate, our agreements with these partners prohibit them from retaining, using or disclosing the personal information we share with them for any purpose other than providing us with analytics or advertising services.
5.4 Change In Control Or Merger. We may transfer your information in the event of the sale of substantially all of the assets of our business to a third-party or in the event of a corporate merger, consolidation, acquisition or reorganization. However, in such event, any acquirer will be subject to the provisions of our commitments to you or we will not disclose your information.
5.5 With Your Direction Or Consent. We will share your personal information with other third parties as you may direct or otherwise consent.
- Cookie Notice
A traditional cookie is a small text file that is stored on your device when you visit or use a website. Cookies are used to “remember” you and your preferences, either for a single visit (through a “session cookie”) or for multiple repeat visits (using a “persistent cookie”). Cookies ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors.
Cookies may be set by the web domain of the site that you are visiting, which we refer to as “first party cookies.” Some cookies may be set by a third party web domain other than the site that you are visiting, such as those who serve content or provide advertising or analytics services to the owner of the website, which we refer to as “third party cookies”.
Pixels may be embedded in websites or emails, and can be used to track your activity across different sites or report how you interact with emails or other online content. Pixels are typically small transparent images that provide the party placing them with statistics and usage data, for similar purposes as cookies. They are often used in conjunction with cookies, though they are not stored on your device in the same way as cookies. As a result, if you disable cookies in your browser settings, tracking pixels may still load, but their functionality may be restricted.
Cookies may be set in different locations across our services. These locations may include:
- Our website, www.ushur.com
- Certain emails sent by us or on our behalf.
This list describes the categories of Cookies used on Ushur’s website and other online services:
- Essential Cookies. These cookies are essential for enabling user movement around our website. This category of cookies cannot be disabled because it is essential to operation of the site.
- Preferences Cookies. These cookies enable our website to remember information that changes the way the site behaves or looks, like your preferred language or the region that you are in.
- Analytics Cookies. These Cookies help us analyze how visitors interact with our website or other services.
- Advertising Cookies. These Cookies help us evaluate the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns or provide better targeting for ads. In some cases, our partners may use these Cookies to track your activity across websites to display ads to you based on that activity.
6.3 Third Party Cookies And Related Options You May Have.
Some of the Preferences, Analytics, and Advertising Cookies described above are placed by web domains belonging to our partners listed below, rather than our web domain (ushur.com). We do not own or control the tools our partners may offer for restricting Cookies and make no representations about their effectiveness.
- LinkedIn. We use LinkedIn tools for setting default locale/language and to allow visitors to easily follow us on LinkedIn.
- Google. We use business tools provided by Google, including Google Analytics and advertising tools, to measure traffic to our website and conduct certain marketing efforts.
- Vimeo. We use Vimeo’s video player on our website.
- Hubspot. We use HubSpot tools for marketing and customer service.
6.4 Ways To Control Cookies.
In addition to tools our partners may offer for controlling their Cookies, you may be able to block or delete Cookies by changing your browser settings. Most browsers are set up to accept cookies by default but you can change your browser settings to block some or all types of cookies. If you block cookies, some features of our website or other sites may not function correctly for you.
- California Residents
7.1 Third-Party Direct Marketing. If you are a California resident and have an established relationship with a business, you have a right to request information about the business’s disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Ushur does not disclose personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
7.2 California Consumer Privacy Act. As of January 2020, Ushur is not a “business” as defined in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018, as amended (the “CCPA”). As our business and operations expand, we are committed to reviewing applicability of the CCPA and other laws regarding privacy or data protection on at least an annual basis, and will update this Policy accordingly when necessary and appropriate.
Some of our clients may be covered businesses under the CCPA. For those clients, we only process personal information on their behalf as a “service provider” as defined in the CCPA. Our 15. Notice Of Client Data Processing explains our commitment to safeguarding consumer privacy in our role as a service provider.
- Data Subjects In The European Economic Area
Ushur is headquartered in the United States. Our services are for business organizations; we do not offer goods or services to consumers or other natural persons in the European Economic Area (EEA). If you visit our website or contact us, your personal data will be processed in the United States—which has neither sought nor received a finding of “adequacy” from the European Commission under Article 25 of the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation—and will be handled in accordance with this Policy and applicable U.S. law unless we have agreed otherwise in writing with you or with a client or supplier you are affiliated with.
Some of the data that we collect or otherwise process on behalf of clients may include Client Personal Information relating to natural persons who are in the EEA or who otherwise have rights under GDPR. Ushur processes such Client Personal Information strictly as a “data processor” to our client as that term is defined in the GDPR. Our 15. Notice of Client Data Processing describes our commitment to data protection in our role as a data processor.
Your browser may offer a Do Not Track (DNT) setting. If you turn that setting on, your browser sends a signal to websites indicating that you don’t want to be tracked over time or across third party sites. We don’t currently respond to these signals because there is not yet a common understanding of how to process them or a consensus on what “tracking” means.
- Data Security
Ushur maintains reasonable security procedures and practices to protect personal information from unauthorized access, theft, loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Despite these precautions however, we cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personal data because “perfect security” is impossible in the digital age.
We encourage you to help maximize security by applying your own personal security measures. For more information about what you can do to protect your data, please see the tips and resources offered by the U.S. Federal Trade Commission at https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/topics/privacy-identity-online-security and the California Attorney General at https://www.oag.ca.gov/privacy/consumer-privacy-resources.
- Links To Third Party Sites
- Children’s Privacy
Ushur does not provide services or sell products to children under the age of 18. We do not knowingly collect or maintain any personal information from anyone under the age of 18. We will remove or delete any personal information we believe was submitted by any child under the age of 18.
- Changes To This Policy
- Contact Us
3975 Freedom Circle, Suite 830
Santa Clara, CA 95054
- Data Processing & Data Protection Agreement
3975 Freedom Circle, Suite 830
Santa Clara, CA 95054
- Contact Us
3975 Freedom Circle, Suite 830
Santa Clara, CA 95054