Ushur is transforming the way businesses communicate, with cutting-edge AI and automation technologies. Previously using outdated emails and phone calls, businesses are now automating their conversations with automated text-messaging using Ushur’s platform. We are creating breakthrough experiences for our enterprise customers by deploying the best of web, mobile and data analytics technologies. We focus on fast, iterative development with an emphasis on design-right philosophy. Currently, at Ushur, we are experiencing unprecedented & exciting growth with endless opportunities to innovate!
Ushur is seeking a brilliant senior engineer with an expert-level technical knowledge of everything related to MongoDB. This role reviews and proposes database technologies, deployment topologies and design to ensure high availability and performance of industry’s leading Micro-Engagement Platform.
What you’ll be doing…
As a specialist in Ushur Engineering team, your responsibilities will be to:
- Use your in-depth understanding of MongoDB HA strategies, including replica sets and sharding
- Help DevOps team with your deep knowledge in the area of DB performance, scaling concepts, tuning, data migration & version upgrades
- Recommend and implement solutions to improve performance, resource consumption, and resiliency
- On an ongoing basis, identify DB queries across our development and production environments that create bottlenecks, and propose optimisations
- Provide verifiable technical solutions to support operations at scale and with high availability
- Help scale MongoDB instances across multiple physical locations on cloud
- Conduct Root-cause analysis of production-related DB issues
- Be self-driven, constantly research and suggest latest technologies
- Engineering degree in Computer Science or related field
- 6+ years of experience working with databases, most of which should have been around MongoDB
- Strong experience in Linux Operating System
- Solid knowledge of database concepts, SQL, and MongoDB internals
- Has successfully deployed and managed MongoDB in Linux environment, several times
- Experience with backup and recovery of MongoDB for production and non-production environments
- Experience in security principles and its implementation
- Ability to write and maintain Unix/Linux shell scripts
- Exceptionally passionate about keeping the product quality bar at a very high level at all times
- Good knowledge and hands on experience with Cloud Manager, OPS manager and automation
- Proficient with one or more of Python/Node.Js/Java/similar languages
Why Join us?
We are passionate about Ushur, our product, and helping our employees grow and develop in their career in a caring, collaborative environment. We offer a very competitive compensation plan & stock options for the ideal candidates.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org